Among the latest ground-breaking discoveries in the skincare domain, Niacinamide has evolved as the frontrunner. Using a Niacinamide serum for the face is fast becoming a trend nowadays. Skincare experts believe that these products can surely help you have better results in a much shorter period.
Who does not want clean, clear, and beautiful-looking skin? Various social media platforms bombard us with advertisements telling us about skin care products. Some skincare ingredients get all the credits and praises they deserve, such as Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, Retinol, and Ceramides.
Niacinamide is a highly potent form of Vitamin B3. It is the lesser-known active ingredient that has been around for years yet somehow remained somewhat under the radar. This compound benefits acne-prone skin, dry skin, sun-damaged skin, and sensitive skin.
What is Niacinamide?
Niacinamide is a synthesized form of Vitamin B3, a water-soluble vitamin that is great for skin, hair, and overall health. It helps counter environmental damage from free radicals, UV rays, and other harmful ingredients.
It occurs naturally in the body but can also be found in various foods, such as green veggies, eggs, fish, beans, and milk. The best thing is that its application is safe and hassle-free, and you should not take too long to learn how to apply it.
When it comes to having clear, even-toned skin, people do not hesitate to try new ingredients. This explains the increasing use of Niacinamide serum for the face, a form of Vitamin B3 because it helps you achieve a calm, smooth, and glowing face.
Tip: If you are looking for something other than a serum, you can probably go for an Aloe Vera Gel. It hydrates and soothes irritated skin and hair problems. This gel-based product also helps clean the deeper cells of the skin, provides them with required hydration, and calms off the itchy skin.
How is Niacinamide Serum Beneficial for Your Skin?
Niacinamide, also known as nicotinamide, is a water-soluble solution that helps support essential cell functions. It helps repair damaged DNA, improve the nervous system, and reproduce newer cells in the body.
Here are some other benefits that will help you achieve healthy skin.
- Boosts Skin Immunity: As Niacinamide is naturally present in our body, it helps provide our skin with certain nutrients that bind the skin and tighten the pores, thus keeping it healthy. It also neutralizes high phosphate levels in the blood and fights the spread of precancerous or new cancerous cells.
- Bids Goodbye to Acne: Applying Niacinamide serum to the face helps you eliminate various facial skin problems, such as acne, pimples, and blackheads. Its anti-inflammatory properties help minimize redness and blotchiness caused by acne and improve the skin texture.
- Acts as a Perfect Collagen Booster: Niacinamide works efficiently in boosting collagen production in the skin, which helps minimize enlarged pores and treats pigmentation. It helps prevent the transfer of coloring pigments, thus making the cleaner and more even. This helps brighten dull skin, reduce fine lines and wrinkles, and encourage the natural production of ceramides.
- Regulates Oil Production in the Skin: Niacinamide serum for the face helps control the sebaceous glands and the amount of sebum produced by our skin cells. As our skin starts getting drier, it starts producing excess oil leading to the blocking of pores.
- Hydrates Skin: Using Niacinamide with ingredients such as Hyaluronic Acid, Vitamin C, helps in boosting the skin’s ability to lock in moisture. It creates a magical barrier around the skin which helps protect the skin. It is best recommended for people who struggle with eczema and harmful skin conditions.
- Provides effective protection from the UV rays: This serum has “photoprotective” properties that protect the skin from UV rays. This keeps you safe from signs like premature aging.
How to Apply Niacinamide Serum on the face?
Niacinamide is available in several forms like cleansers, toners, moisturizers, lotions, and serums for the face. Whether during the day or night, you can use this skincare product in your daily and night skincare routines, but you should apply it in the correct order.
We recommend you check the pointers mentioned below. You should also opt for skincare products that suit your skin type and help treat the issues that it has.
Step 1. Cleanse Your Face Properly: Before applying a face serum or any other skincare product, it is essential to wash your face as it increases the effectiveness of the products you apply after it.
Step 2. Use a nourishing face toner: A toner helps your skin restore its pH level to neutral. This helps you have a glowing and radiant appearance through the day.
Step 3. Apply the Serum: After toning your skin, you can layer the best Niacinamide Serum on the face that will help you tackle your skincare concerns and environmental stressors.
Step 4. Apply an Under-Eye Cream: Do not forget to apply a nourishing under-eye cream. It would help fade pigmentation caused due to stress and provide a natural glow.
Step 5. Apply Moisturizer and SPF: The final product you should apply in your skincare routine should be a moisturizer or an SPF cream that helps lock the hydration in place and protects your skin from harmful UV rays.
What else can be used to achieve healthy skin?
Aloe Vera features many medicinal and therapeutic benefits. It provides anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial benefits that help treat skin infections effectively. It is also known for improving digestion and boosting immunity. It is important to opt for a skincare product that is safe, gentle, non-toxic, and made from natural ingredients to get the full advantage.
For example, Mamaearth Aloe Vera Gel for Skin and Hair works like magic because it checks all the boxes of usability above. Let’s have a look at the properties of this magical gel.
- Hydrates Skin and Scalp: Rich in anti-bacterial properties in Aloe Vera and Vitamin E deeply hydrates the skin and scalp. It brightens the face and prevents skin breakouts and the scalp from infections that cause itching.
- Calms Irritated Skin: Aloe Vera is a natural ingredient that effectively calms irritated skin by keeping it moisturized, which prevents breakouts and wrinkles.
- Keeps the Scalp Healthy: The anti-bacterial and calm agents present in Aloe Vera make the hair strong & shiny. When applied regularly, it helps in preventing the recurrence of dandruff.
From treating fine lines and wrinkles to hydrating skin, treating pigmentation, and boosting immunity, Niacinamide is a multitasking powerhouse. It works equally well for oily, dry, or combination skin types. We thus believe that everyone can benefit from incorporating Niacinamide into their routine.
We recommend you choose the Made Safe and FDA Certified products made from natural ingredients. For example, you can opt for Mamaearth’s Niacinamide Serum for the face to get the best results. The brand is committed to nature and plants one tree for every order from its website.